IT Services, 13 Banbury Road
This one-day session for costing creators is a hands-on PC-based course and includes practical exercises. Each group has a maximum of eight people and there are plenty of opportunities to ask questions. A sandwich lunch is provided – please specify any dietary requirements when booking.
This is a basic course intended for new administrators, research facilitators, finance officers or any departmental staff who need to have an understanding of Full Economic Costs (FEC) and who will be creating costings in X5.
In order to attend the course, you must be set up as an X5 costing creator for your department – please ensure that your department requests this before the training session. The X5 User request form can be found on the X5 access page.
- understanding the different cost components of Directly Incurred (DI), Directly Allocated (DA) and Indirect costs under Full Economic Costs (FEC)
- applying these costs to research projects, and what different funders will pay under Full Economic Costs (FEC)
- key features of X5 incl. collaborations (internal and external) and workflow
- how to navigate and customise X5
- how to create and edit different X5 costing types
- how to add staff and non-staff costs
- how to cost in different currencies and enter inflated/un-inflated costs
- how to validate, submit and approve costings
- how to run relevant reports
- how to request new funders and new external collaborators
To book a place email X5 Training.