NERC have released a pre-call announcement for capital investment. Each institution can submit up to two proposals, with a minimum value of £100,000 per proposal, but not exceeding a combined total value of £300,000.
- projects are expected to start on 1 October 2019 and end by 31 March 2020
- applications should demonstrate how the capital asset would support world-class environmental science, aligned with NERC's science remit
- projects must enhance scientific capability, and not simply maintain existing capability
- applications must justify why the equipment requested is required and not currently available
- applicants should check availability of equipment registered on the national equipment database and whether their requested asset was funded by NERC under previous NERC capital calls.
- NERC closing date for proposals: 23 July 2019
- internal deadline: 1pm on 20 June 2019
- outcomes to be announced by 27 June
- to be considered as one of Oxford’s candidates, you should complete the application form via IRAMS, the University’s online submission system and upload the case for support template
- internal expressions of interest will be considered by a cross-divisional panel of academics
- the panel may decide to support a single bid of over £200k if considered sufficiently strategic