Research Services oversees a training programme for Oxford staff with responsibility for research administration or research support.
Research administration training
- 5 sessions
- speakers from departments and UAS units including Research Services, Research Accounts and Personnel Services
- interactive format with opportunities for group discussion
- The first session ('An introduction to research administration at Oxford) is aimed at staff who are new in a role involving research management and administration.
- The other sessions are on more focused topics and may be of interest to both new staff and more experienced staff looking to expand or refresh their knowledge.
Booking is through the Oxford Learning Institute. See the following courses listed under 'Researchers and research support':
- Research administration at Oxford: an introduction)
- Supporting research grant applications
- Research contracts
- Financial management of research awards
- Personnel administration on research awards
I found the whole Programme extremely useful and will continue to refer to the course notes provided for extra guidance. I would highly recommend to others.
The sessions have been immensely useful.
This could be the best training event that I have attended at Oxford.
This was my first seminar of the programme; on the strength of this seminar I plan to attend more of the programme in future terms