Internal Research Award Management System (IRAMS)
On the right hand side you can download the IRAMS applicant quick reference guide
IRAMS is platform-agnostic and will work across all major PC and Mac browsers. Please ensure you are using the latest version of your chosen browser, where possible.
Spurious characters in lay summary field
When pasting text from other documents into lay summary field, spurious characters can appear in the pdf version of the form. This pdf version is created for the review process (eg departmental approver, selection committee).
To prevent this from happening, first paste text into a text editor, before copying into the lay summary. Recommended text editors are Notepad (available in Windows) and TextEdit (available on a Mac).
Saving your Application
IRAMS will auto-save your application as you move between sections of the form. However, ensure you click save before using the “Back to Main Menu” option - not doing so will result in you losing any unsaved data. Closing the browser window without first saving will also result in lost data.
- To become a departmental approver contact the person in your divisional office who deals with JFF or internal funding opportunities
- View and follow the progress of all applications of any status, not just those that need assessing
- View final reports submitted by researchers
- Return an extension request to PI so that they can make changes, without having to reject the request
- Download a PDF of an application before recording departmental assessment