In 2017, divisional offices and Research Services worked with IT Services to deliver a purpose-built system for managing internal research funds and external grants with institutional quotas. Internal Research Award Management System (IRAMS) supports grant application, selection and post-award management.
Internal Research Award Management System (IRAMS)
What is IRAMS?
- IRAMS is used to manage both JFF and other funds: the application form, PDF and approval process can be different for different funds
- More internal funding applications and awards are in one place
- Researchers from outside of the University can apply for funding schemes that permit it, but they will have to obtain a virtual access account (temporary single sign-on ID)
- Funding opportunities are advertised on divisional websites and the funding section of the Research Support website.
- To become a departmental approver contact the person in your divisional office who deals with JFF or internal funding opportunities
- View and follow the progress of all applications of any status, not just those that need assessing
- View final reports submitted by researchers
- Return an extension request to PI so that they can make changes, without having to reject the request
- Download a PDF of an application before recording departmental assessment