Conflict of interest
Staff and students are encouraged to discuss issues related to conflict of interest with colleagues, mentors, supervisors, senior tutors, directors of graduate studies, heads of department, college heads, heads of divisions or others as appropriate.
If you are uncertain about how the University's policy on conflict of interest might affect your activities or you have any questions about its application, you can contact the appropriate person as set out in paragraph 6 or the Secretary of the Committee on Conflict of Interest.
If the situation relates to a research proposal or research project, the terms and conditions of external funding, or any related activities, you are welcome to contact Research Services, in particular Kathryn Dally in the first instance.
- UCSD resources for research ethics education
- ICMJ guidelines (conflict of interest information, publication disclosure forms, and author responsibilities)
- Columbia University (a guide to conflict of interest)
- NIH online training in financial conflict of interest (required for NIH-funded academics, useful for anyone wanting to know more about conflicts of interest)
- US Office of Research Integrity case studies