This monthly one-day session is a hands-on PC-based course with practical exercises.
It is a basic course aimed at new administrators, research facilitators, finance officers or other departmental staff who need to have an understanding of Full Economic Costs (FEC) and who will be creating costings in X5.
- cost components of directly incurred (DI), directly allocated (DA) and indirect costs under Full Economic Costs (FEC)
- applying costs to research projects, and what different funders will pay under Full Economic Costs (FEC)
- key features of X5, including collaborations (internal and external) and workflow
- how to navigate and customise X5
- how to create and edit different X5 costing types
- how to add staff and non-staff costs
- how to cost in different currencies and enter inflated/un-inflated costs
- how to validate, submit and approve costings
- how to run relevant reports
- how to request new funders and new external collaborators
To book a place, please email X5 Training.