THIS Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide £150k of support for a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Oxford. The University can submit only one application. Expressions of interest are invited for a coordinated bids process to identify the institutional nominee. The EOI will consist of a one-page case for support, CV and 10 relevant publications. Expressions of interest must be submitted via IRAMS by noon on Friday 13 April.
Please write your expression of interest according to the following:
- Nominated individuals should have received their PhD between two and six years prior to the application.
- Their PhD should be in a discipline that is relevant to scientific efforts to improve healthcare.
- To be eligible, you will need to be able to hold a postdoctoral fellowship full-time for two years.
- Part-time applications (at a minimum of 0.6FTE) will be considered where, for example, applicants are undergoing clinical training or other circumstances apply.
- nominated candidate: demonstration of a commitment to developing a career in improvement research
- application of rigorous research methods and scientific theory evidenced through outputs from doctoral and postdoctoral research
- evidence of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- potential for forming collaborations, influencing and impact in activities to further the improvement of quality and safety of healthcare services
- vision, drive and ability to influence at system level and potential to act as a leader and advocate for improvement studies in the future
- the suitability of the host organisation for the research and for developing an independent career
- relevant to improving quality and safety in UK healthcare
- synergistic with the university’s research programme
- demonstrates appropriate study design and research methods
- reflects an appropriately scoped review of the relevant, existing evidence and systematic reviews of that evidence
- likely to have an impact on quality and/or safety of care for patients and service users