The REF Project Board is a sub-committee of the University’s Research & Innovation Committee, whose membership has been revised for REF 2021. The terms of reference were agreed by the board on 8 October 2018 and presented as paper RC(18)57, Appendix 1, to the Research & Innovation Committee.
The Research & Innovation Committee approved the terms of reference on 10 October 2018.
The REF Project Board will report in an advisory capacity to Research & Innovation Committee on the following:
- strategic overview of the timetable and preparations for all elements of the REF submission, including oversight of risks related to the project
- appropriate strategies and policies relating to the REF submission
- progress against fulfilling the funding councils’ requirements for the REF submission, including equality considerations and compliance with data requirements, and agreement and implementation of the REF 2021 code of practice across the University
In addition to the strategic tasks listed above the board will:
- provide a forum to discuss issues arising within units of assessment and divisions during REF preparations, and to agree optimum approaches
- recommend to Research & Innovation Committee any resources required for REF preparation which will need to be put to PRAC as a bid