Before submission to a research ethics committee all relevant study documentation for research proposals must be reviewed by CTRG staff.
Note that CTRG will need to review your documentation prior to submission if the study is going to CUREC, involves only healthy volunteers and includes the following:
- administration of a drug or food product (non-CTIMP)
- NHS staff or data
Please see the CUREC pages for more information.
The purpose of the CTRG sponsorship review is to:
- check that the proposed research and written protocol are appropriate
- assess the quality of the application to anticipate REC queries
- ensure appropriate information is provided to potential participants in outward facing documents
- confirm that information sheets and consent forms follow HRA REC guidelines
- ascertain that requisite legislation and guidance is being applied
- ensure University insurance will cover the participants for harm as a consequence of negligence
- confirm whether no-fault cover will also apply