Before submission to a research ethics committee all relevant study documentation for research proposals must be reviewed by RGEA staff.
Note that RGEA will need to review your documentation prior to submission to the MS IDREC subcommittee if the study involves healthy volunteers and recruitment of NHS staff as participants, or usage of NHS facilities, premises or identifiable data.
Please see the CUREC pages for more information.
The purpose of the RGEA sponsorship review is to:
- check that the proposed research and written protocol are appropriate
- assess the quality of the application to anticipate REC queries
- ensure appropriate information is provided to potential participants in outward facing documents
- confirm that information sheets and consent forms follow HRA REC guidelines
- ascertain that requisite legislation and guidance is being applied
- ensure University insurance will cover the participants for harm as a consequence of negligence
- confirm whether no-fault cover will also apply