CTRG supports clinical researchers by facilitating research compliance through advice, support, guidance and training.
Please contact CTRG as early as possible when planning a clinical research project. Direct all enquiries to Karl Shepherd at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
- review and authorise sponsorship of clinical research when it involves: NHS patients, resources, staff, data or facilities; tissue samples that will be collected and/or stored; administration of a drug, herbal remedy or food product
- record, facilitate and oversee clinical research carried out within the University and ensure that the University is compliant with relevant legislation and regulations
- reduce and manage exposure to risk by advising on insurance
- work with University researchers and associated NHS trusts to enable high quality design and conduct of clinical research
- guide researchers in writing protocols, participant information sheets and informed consent forms prior to research ethics committee, MHRA and NHS approval submissions
- provide training and guidance in Good Clinical Practice and research governance
- monitor and/or audit clinical research sponsored/hosted by the University
- co-ordinate safety reporting and facilitate the University/OUH NHS Trust Trial Safety Group