The Human Tissue Governance team supports clinical researchers and colleagues by facilitating compliance with the Human Tissue Act 2004 through advice, support, guidance and training.
The team's role is to:
- ensure that the University is compliant with the Human Tissue Act 2004
- support the University’s Designated Individuals with their legal obligations under the Human Tissue Act 2004
- provide training and guidance on the Human Tissue Act 2004, the role of the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) and compliance with the HTA Codes of Practice and Standards
- ensure that samples requiring licensing under an HTA licence have the necessary arrangements and governance in place
- monitor and/or audit HTA relevant sample collections hosted by the University
monitor non-compliances with the Human Tissue Act, in particular in relation to HTA licence 12217
undertake mock HTA inspections across relevant areas of the University
Direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.